Due to the continued efforts to slow and minimise the spread of the coronavirus our club is suspending, postponing or cancelling the following activities:
2020 Award day – Sunday 22nd March.
We are suspending our scheduled Awards day this Sunday 22nd March. Notwithstanding the new social distancing protocols in place, our venue the Blackburn Bowls club are suspending all activities & function for a minimum of 30 days.
We would like to think we can aim to re-schedule for late April but will be guided by Health Emergency status updates at the time.
For those of you who have purchased tickets through Trybooking already, we will ensure they are honoured for the re-scheduled timing. If you are unable to attend the updated event in the future or would prefer a refund now, please let John Malvestuto know.
Training suspended until at least Sunday 19th of April.
The Northcote and Hawthorn pools closed yesterday for the next 4 weeks.
Water Polo Victoria (WPV) has announced effective from today the suspension of all programs and activities for the next month.
We as a club have followed the direction of WPV and are suspending all training sessions from today until at least Sunday the 19th of April.
At this stage WPV are hoping to commence the upcoming Winter Competition as scheduled on Tuesday the 14th of April, however this will be reviewed regularly prior to confirmation of a start date.
The club committee will continue to be guided by both WPV and the state and federal governments in reviewing when we are able to safely return to our usual training schedule and club activities.
Status of scheduled Water Polo Victoria Activities
1. Sub-Junior Competition – 14&U Finals postponed to a date to be determined. 12&U Competition concluded from last game played on 8 March 2020.
2. WPVAE (Academy Program) – cancelled immediately for the remainder of Term 1. Planned to re-commence at the beginning of Term 2 on Tuesday 14th April.
3. Community Engagement Groups – cancelled for this week. To be rescheduled to a future date
4. State Team Program – selection process to be finalised next week. Training session to be arranged to commence from week beginning 13th April
5. Winter Competition – to commence as scheduled on Tuesday 14th April.
Remaining Summer Splash rounds have been cancelled.
The remaining Summer Splash rounds have been cancelled so there will no games this evening. A refund will be provided for the 2 rounds of games and then this will be distributed to players by the club.
These are extraordinary times and we make these decisions with much deliberation and guidance. We are disappointed not to be able to continue with our regular club activities and games, but also understand the role that our actions can play in helping to minimise the serious impacts of this virus.
Stay safe, stay informed, look after one another and we looking forward to seeing you all when we are able to resume normal operations.
Oliver Nunis and the NYP Dragons Club Committee